Monday, April 4, 2011

Future Designs

Today I turned in my AJGA Identity Guide. I thought my design was nice, and then I saw the great work that my classmates did. There are some very talented people in this class. Logo, layout, and binding designs were fantastic. Kudos classmates.

We were also assigned our final project, which will take the rest of the semester to work on. Trust me, I think I may need more time than that.

For this project you will design a complete identity and supplemental material for a small business. This project well help you explore some of the many different ways in which a logo and identity can be used to sustain and promote a business or company.

So having to choose between a restaurant or clothing store, I have decided to go with a sporting goods store. It is fairly general, and it should allow me to come up with plenty of design options and vary it up. Plus, it should be interesting enough for me to put a lot of good effort into it.

Along with the identity guide, which will include the same items and sections as the previous project, we need to develop three supplementary materials for the business. One poster, three postcards, and a piece of three dimensional packaging. That last one might be a little tricky, but I should be able to rock this project.

Another project I've been wanting to work on is a logo for CMU Men's Club Volleyball. Not a generic logo that changes every year, or something silly the printers at the t-shirt place come up with. An actual logo that will be the branding of CMU Men's Club Volleyball. I'm going to tease you with that, and by the end of the week I should have an early design ready to show off.

1 comment:

Danny B said...

you're such a tease...