Monday, June 13, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

It's really hard to find the time to just do nothing. But I have managed my time quite well tonight. After I finished my dinner at about 8:30, I called home and Danny, which lasted about an hour total. Then I just started to sit around with my laptop. The internet connection is halfway decent in this apartment that is attached to the clubhouse.

But this is good. I get the chance to just sit and listen to my own music, catch up with Adam on facechat, and just waste some time like I used to just a few weeks ago before graduation.

Working 14 hour days doesn't bother me, but I sometimes wish I wasn't so tired at the end of it all to just have some Tim time and do what I want, even if for just an hour. Right now, I'm still pretty tired (I mean, it's like an hour past my new bedtime), but I don't have to be at headquarters until 10 in the morning, and I start following my groups at 11. So I'm still awake, just doing what I can do.

And what I really love to do when I'm online is check what my sister and my nephew have been up to. I look at the same cute pictures over and over, and see what videos she has posted. My newest favorite is from a week ago, when Oscar started crawling around. He starts off screeching, wiggles closer, then starts this wheezy-sounding breathing, but he has this adorable smile on his face when he reaches the camera.

It's a 16-second video, but I watch it about 10 times in a row. The first time I saw it was last week in our headquarters. I had the sound up on my computer, and my TD asked "What in the world are you doing, Tim?" I promptly showed off the video, and the "oohs" and "ahhs" filled the room. Oscar has that effect on people.

In our drive to Greensboro, I had some time to catch up on my video game playing, which really wasn't too much, because we were having such a good time in our truck. And driving through Tennessee was pretty cool, because we were following this winding road next to a river and I was just loving the sights.

I was also hoping to get back to Darryl's so I could have some of that magnificent honey mustard sauce again. I managed to convince some team members to go, and they will never regret letting me pick the place to eat. Some have said they even want to go back.

And another part of going to Darryl's was their large selection of nearly 30 draft beers. It's very liberating being able to enjoy a beer (or a beer sampler) after long days.

But the most liberating feeling I experience at the end of each day is finally untucking my shirt.

2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Hooray beer!

hws said...

Of course they love Oscar! He's the cutest baby ever. Cutest. Baby. Ever.

And I laughed at the last line of this post.