Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Foooooooooooood

I should take this time that I have (and this great internet) to talk about something very important to me: food.

Last night, I had one of the finest meals all summer. At the club house, right before the staff starting putting things away (actually right as they were putting things away), we went down to the ball room and had dinner. A really good dinner.

My first plate consisted of Caesar salad, salmon, rice, and fired chicken. It was a full plate. My second plate consisted of Caesar salad, salmon, rice, and fried chicken. It was another full plater. I had cheesecake for dessert. Truly fantastic dinner. It was really that good, and it might have helped that I hadn't eaten lunch in 8 hours.

Today when my groups made the turn (that's fancy golf talk for finishing the first nine holes), I swung into the ballroom and made sandwiches. BIG sandwiches. Wheat bread, mustard, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, turkey, roast beef, mayo, wheat bread. Two big sandwiches. Delicious. It took me about three hole to eat them both. Then there was the brownie for dessert. And the Arnold Palmer that I mixed for myself.

I know I already mentioned Darryl's in last night's post, but let's not forget how wonderful Darryl's honey mustard sauce is. And beer is good, too.

A few nights ago, our entire staff here in Greensboro went to J. Butler's. It was also the first night where I finally ordered a steak on the company's dime. It was a pretty decent steak, an okay baked potato, good vegetables, and a roll. The night where my dad and I had steak and potatoes was much, much better. But steak. Yummy.

I really need to talk about the meals we had in Ringgold/Chattanooga. The first night, a committee member took us to a place called Taco Mamacita. I was very apprehensive about this place, based on the name alone. Then I saw their menu. I looked over it and immediately wanted to have a taco sampler platter. I ended up ordering the California Club Taco (and had one leftover from a team member) and the Loaded Gyro. Honestly, that was the best lamb I ever had. Yes, the best lamb I ever had was in a taco, at a place called Taco Mamacita, in Chattanooga.

The next night another committee member took us to a burger place called Urban Stack. I again wanted to have some sort of sampler, where they just made me a mini version of each hamburger that was on their menu.

I chose the Asian Q, which was a burger made from Kobe beef. It was good, but I thought it would be better. I wanted it to be spicier, and I think the meat was a little overcooked than what I really wanted. If I were to ever go back to Urban Stack, I would definitely order the Hercules.

We also have a running joke in our team about wanting to eat Mexican. There were honestly four or five days in a row we had Mexican. 1) Taco bar during training at HQ, 2) leftover tacos on clean-up day/day before traveling, 3) dinner after clean-up day/day before leaving, 4) Taco Mamacita first night for Ringgold, 5) lunch the next day at Mexican restaurant behind our hotel. Trust me, I love me some Mexican, but it might be a while before I find it appetizing.

Being in the southeast, I am totally looking forward to eating any and all food that is available. We're going to South Carolina next week, and I keep hearing that there will be a lot of good seafood. I might want some lobster pretty soon.

1 comment:

hws said...

Yum, foooooooooood.