Monday, June 27, 2011

My Music

I've been on road trips before. Most of those times, I've been the passenger. That means that I've been very agreeable and let the driver listen to the music that he or she wants to listen to. This could hip hop, country, pop, indie, etc. I've put up with it for a long time.

Now I have to put up with it again.

Everybody on my team has their musical interests, and the two things that pretty much end up on the radio are hip hop and pop. I've heard "Super Bass" or "I Just Can't Get Enough" more times than I can count. I still have no freaking clue what they are saying in "RACKS ON RACKS ON RACKS." Yes, it's nice having XM radio in one of our vehicles, but why listen to the same 10 songs you would hear on the regular radio? This music is terrible. How many damn songs does Katy Perry have out right now?

Ugh.

On our drive down to Weston, Florida, last week, we had three guys in the Yukon (which is the vehicle with XM). We goe in 3ish hour shifts, and I started off driving, and then picked back up later. It was wonderful. I got to listen to AltNation, which is the greatest XM station ever. For my entire shift, I heard wonderful music. I was happy. I heard songs that I hadn't heard in years.

And when Michael drove, he would keep the station on AltNation. It was great. It was long overdue. For two-thirds of our drive, we were listening to good music.

Then Derek drove and we were listening to the same 10 songs that I've been listening to all summer.

When we're in headquarters, I like to get Pandora streaming on my computer when I'm doing work that warrants listening to music. So far, all of my tournament directors have been okay with us playing music. And my teammates don't argue with the music that I'm playing.

I honestly have two different Pandora stations: Third Eye Blind and The Strokes. It generally leads to good music 90 percent of the time.

But I still don't understand how many times I have to tell Pandora to stop playing Dave Matthews before it finally stops playing Dave Matthews.

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

Boo Dave Matthews! What an asshat!