Friday, June 17, 2011

Day Off

On Wednesday, I was granted the whole day off from working. With the help we were getting from the other team, and the need for us to just relax, we all were granted a day off during the week. Mine so happened to be during the second round with Matt and Brittany.

Others told us about their days off before mine; Derek hung out with old friends (he went to school in the area), Scott and Denae went shopping, Michael and Melanie hung out at the pool. Those all sounded like fun-filled days. On my day off, we planned very little.

To begin my day, I decided to wake up at about 8:30. Why? SO I could still head over to the club house while they were still serving breakfast. After that, I came back to the apartment and played DS for about 3 hours. Then it was lunch time. Back to the clubhouse. Matt, Brittany and I finally got together and thought, "What the hell should we do?"

We decided to see a movie, The Hangover Part 2. Everything you hear is true: it's funny, but not as good as the first one. It essentially is the first one, but it takes place in Bangkok and there is a lot more male frontal nudity. Too much.

After that, I think we just hung out for a few hours before heading to Poblano's for dinner. Matt decided to order a margarita, so I decided to order a margarita. Then we came back home, and that was about it.

Honestly, it was nice having a day off, but I just didn't know what to do with it. We've been so busy everyday that that is what I have been accustomed to. It was just kind of boring having nothing planned.

Tomorrow we head to Hilton Head, S.C., and if we get the chance for a day off again, I totally want to get to the beach. I've never been to the Atlantic Ocean, but if I miss the chance next week, we'll still be heading to Florida in a few weeks...

1 comment:

hws said...

Yeah for the ocean! Too bad I don't know anything about Hilton Head. Only Charleston.