Thursday, July 11, 2013

Wood Chips II -- Teaser

Guess what? I'm posting again!

Turns out that I'll be working on the same thing I last published: a logo for my fantasy baseball team.

Yesterday I was in the office and had the idea just pop into my head, so I sketched it out right quick.


Then I got excited and wanted to share it with a coworker on the opposite side of the wall, but did not want to get up and show it to him. So I drew it in MS Paint.


What you see here is a ball shattering a bat, with the splinters emanating from the destruction to form the letters 'W' and 'C' out of the resulting wood chips.

I drew some more sketches today, but I'll hang onto those and will share them after I get back into Illustrator and work on two of those sketches. This might even turn into a three-parter, as I am also looking into some tutorials that can help me add some more depth into my designs.

Stay tuned over the next week as I get to work on rebranding the Wood Chips, and hope to use the same luck that last year brought to boost my team back into the playoff picture.

No comments: